Wishing all our families, friends, community & professional partners a safe and happy holiday season!
Just a few notes and reminders this month:
- Annual Holiday Jingle Mix & Mingle will be held on Dec.12/18 at 4:30 (downstairs in the banquet hall) – see invitations sent on HiMama, or flyer posted in each room.
- Holiday Surveys will be distributed on Dec. 3/18. Please complete these surveys as soon as possible and return to your child’s teacher(s).
- Annual General Meeting will be coming up soon, please stay tuned for the date and note that all families are invited to attend. Child-minding will be provided, at no cost to parents, during the meeting.
- Our Child Care Licence (Ministry of Education) was successfully renewed on Nov. 1/18
- Halton Public Health Inspection was passed on Nov. 22/18.
- ECERS-3 assessment (Quality First Program) was passed on Nov. 7/18. We are members of the Quality First Program, which is voluntary for operators, and we are currently in Level 3 of the program.
- One Time Funding – our application, through the Halton Region, was recently approved! This large sum of funding, as approved, is being used towards custom cabinetry throughout the centre, carpets, handwashing sinks, playground repairs & maintenance and a large number of play-based materials, equipment and furnishings for our programs and playground (soon to arrive)…YIPPEE!
- Outdoor Clothing – Please ensure your child has appropriate outdoor clothing available daily as children will engage in outdoor play for 2 hours per day. It is also ideal to label your child’s belongings as there are so many children in our programs with similar items.
- Child’s Absence – Please contact the centre by phone, HiMama message, or directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 9:30 am, if your child will be absent, and be sure to let us know the reason for absence (illness, day off, appointment, vacation, etc.)
- Enrollment – all programs are nearly full and we have an extensive waitlist! Thank you to all families, past and present, who have spread positive word-of-mouth about our centre and programs to other families in the community! We appreciate your support!